Sync usage is often classified into four areas.
- Films and movie trailers
- TV shows
- Video games
- To obtain a sync license, you must first secure two sets of rights.
- A Synchronization license from a publisher/songwriter.
- A Master Use license from a record label/recording artist.
How to get a sync placement?
There are numerous ways, but the two most important are through Music Supervisors and Licensing Companies.
- Music Supervisors serve as intermediaries between sync users and the music business. They collaborate with a creative team to pick music that fits the mood and is appropriate for the project.
- Music licensing businesses grant sync users permission to utilize pre-cleared music. Some companies may compel the artist to work exclusively for them.