The UK government is opening up an investigation on the economics of music streaming.
Rolling Stone published a report that claims various labels have been making illegal pay-for-play deals for artists.
Articles referenced:IS SPOTIFY IN FOR A ROUGH RIDE FROM THE UK GOVERNMENT?
Economics of music streaming
REPORT CLAIMS LABELS PAID TO GET HALSEY, TWENTY ONE PILOTS AND MORE AIRPLAY
TikTok Sweeps Britain But Norwegians Watch More Videos
As a non-registered resident, you only have a limited number of views per month. If you would like to unlock additional features of Music Industry City, you can sign up for Free here.
What are your thoughts about the show? Leave them in the comments section below.
Latest Citywide Updates
- Twitch Nears Licensing Deal, ByteDance Streaming, UK Live Net-Zero Emissions, Portishead Royalties
- 5 Tips to Get Yourself Out of a Rut
- Ways to Stay Calm in a Stressful World
- September Clubhouse Playlist
- Sep 14 | Recorded Music Up, Live Nation, YouTube Shuts Down Discord Bot, Instagram, Apple, Twitter