Jonathan Azu joined Peter Schwinge, Sam Tall, Ayesha Adamo, Stephanie Carlin, and The Duke discuss the Music Industry Black Out Tuesday, how to continue the conversation, and what we can do as a community to make a change for the long-term.
Culture Collective: https://www.cultureco.co
Universal Music Group Launching Social Justice Task Force https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9394359/universal-music-group-social-justice-task-force
Trudy Lebron: Show up and Serve for White Coaches: https://www.trudilebron.com/emergencyworkshop
Cleo Wade: https://www.facebook.com/cleowadeofficial
Rachel Elizabeth Cargle: https://www.facebook.com/rachelecargle
Other ways to support.
1. Donate to the NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund https://www.naacpldf.org
2. Donate to the Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) https://eji.org
3. Donate proceeds from merchandise and other online stores to NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund.
4. Postpone special events, releases of new product and material (where possible) to demonstrate we need to give more important voices the stage/platform)
5. Highlight African American artists on blogs, music industry sites, etc.
6. Donate to George Floyd Family Fund
7. Text FLOYD to 55156 to sign the Justice for George Floyd petition, or add your name at www.change.org
8. Add important hashtags to your social media posts: #blacklivesmatter #theshowmustbepaused #blackouttuesday
Follow Jonathan Azu on Instagram.
➡ Follow us on Instagram.
?Join the conversation in our Facebook Group.
As a non-registered resident, you only have a limited number of views per month. If you would like to unlock additional features of Music Industry City, you can sign up for Free here.
What are your thoughts about the show? Leave them in the comments section below.