There is a lot happening in the city and now you can play in one of the MIC worlds. Note, we are constantly updating the city, so some things may still be under construction (just like a city) 🙂
Hang out with friends, hold your own meetings or your own talks… and more.
We will be adding more worlds with specific purposes throughout 2022.
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- You can go in at anytime
- Invite your friends to come hang out with you (simply share the URL with them)
- You can customize your avatar
- You can host your own meetings and talk and share your screen and webcam
How to use this world
Note, this is still in Beta and may not work on all platforms. Currently only supported on Chome on Desktop. iOS use Safari, Android use Chrome. Best to use desktop.
Click here to enter
- Click the 3 colored lines on the top right (this is your settings)
- Or click the icons on the bottom of your screen
- If you haven’t already, sign up for an account. It’s nothing big, it’s only so it saves your name, avatar, and settings.
- In the setting you can find a lot of information, edit your avatar, turn on flying, turn on your mini-webcam (it’s a small webcam that shows up next to your avatar), and also see a complete How-To section.
- Pressing the also brings up options
- Many images, videos, and screens are clickable and/or can be zoomed in – try them out
- Use the icons on the bottom to turn on and off your mic
- The Megaphone icon makes your voice audible throughout the city
- You can also click the chat on the top
If you have a VR headset and want to enter, open your browser from VR and go to https://framevr.io/musicindustrycity
Please use headphones when possible to prevent echo feedback – the echo cancellation is getting better but always best to use headphones when possible.
What else can I do?
- You can invite your friends and hang out
- You can share your screen or webcam at any of the screens
- You can hold your own get-togethers
- You can invite people over and have a video watch party for one of your songs
We plan to have scavenger hunts in the near future.
Tip: There’s a roundtable seating place in the back of the city. You’ll see a blue outline around it, that’s a sound privacy box. You can have meetings in there and nobody outside can hear you.
P.S. Click on the personal buzzer – sometimes we’re around 🙂